Can you imagine a three-wheel electric vehicle that parks like a bike and whose lithium battery capacity can be adapted to your needs? Well, now there is one and it’s called WEEVIL!
The result of a project fully funded by the European Commission, WEEVIL was created as part of the H2020 Green Vehicle programme run by the INEA agency. The partners working together on the project were coordinated by TEKNIKER, a Spanish non-profit foundation that has extensive experience in researching automated solutions for the mechanical industry.
This innovative research and development project aimed to create a new, captivating three-wheel, electric light vehicle which can guarantee high safety standards, low energy consumption and a fine Italian design. The purpose is to promote electric mobility based on electric transport systems and thus revolutionise the concept of moving around in city traffic.
Flash Battery interchangeable lithium battery
Flash Battery’s role was to provide its know-how to create two innovative interchangeable lithium battery packs and, at the same time, to help develop the communication protocol with the vehicle’s main control units.
WEEVIL is not just a battery-powered electric vehicle, but rather the answer to our current and future transport needs! And the Flash Battery pack is its heart.
Come and see it for yourself on 4 July 2017 at Flash Battery’s head office in Sant’Ilario D’Enza (RE), where you’ll meet the partners of the WEEVIL project so you can focus on the results achieved so far and determine how the project might develop. You will therefore be able to see the solutions developed by Flash Battery in more detail, a next-gen battery manufacturer, to develop this innovative three-wheel electric vehicle.
A workshop will then be held on Tuesday 4 July at 2:15 pm in the Unindustria Reggio Emilia conference hall, where a WEEVIL prototype will be on display. The inventors and engineers who worked on the project will also be in attendance and will explain the technology behind this new, advanced vehicle. Come and be amazed by how efficient WEEVIL is and by the features of its Flash Battery lithium accumulator. You will learn how this innovative lithium battery works, as well as its benefits in terms of sustainability.
WEEVIL and Flash Battery are developing new, revolutionary technologies in the field of battery-powered vehicles for the transport of the future. Come and discover them by taking part in the workshop. Please sign up online by June 28.
WEEVIL: a new concept of three-wheel electric vehicle
- STRUCTURE. To make WEEVIL light vehicles safer, they are equipped with a fibreglass structure that can absorb shock more effectively.
- THREE-WHEEL SET-UP. Its exclusive design provides this battery-powered vehicle – containing a next-gen lithium battery – with great agility and makes it very easy to drive in city traffic. Thanks to a special mechanism that varies the distance between the 2 front wheels, you can also adapt its structure to different speeds: a greater distance offers better stability at high speed, while a shorter distance lets the vehicle move with greater agility through city traffic and find a parking space even in small spaces.
- MAGNET-FREE MOTOR PROJECT. The innovations introduced by WEEVIL start from the inside, with a new electric motor featuring the most cutting-edge “magnet-free” technology, which doesn’t use any rare materials unlike most other electric motors. The WEEVIL motor project includes a modular system that can offer constant power, great reliability and truly outstanding performance.
- SPACE AND PARKING. On the whole, electric vehicles take up a third of the space of conventional cars and, thanks to this feature, they can drive around town with greater agility. Driving around in traffic and parking in town will be easier than ever.
- INTERCHANGEABLE BATTERY. Why wait until tomorrow to buy it? WEEVIL lets you change its battery pack depending on the driver’s needs by combining a modular system with an interchangeable solution. In this way, the customer will always have the option of increasing the range and will be able to choose to adapt their battery with new battery packs that provide higher performance. This solution is designed to make battery-powered electric vehicles more usable and to encourage more customers to get one, who will be free to choose the best price-range ratio for their budget and needs.
- DESIGN AND COMFORT. Despite the reduced space, the vehicle’s design will pay attention to the comfort and experience of driving, which will be similar to that of a normal car.
The consortium behind the development of the WEEVIL project has all the industrial engineering expertise it needs to successfully develop this highly innovative three-wheel electric vehicle and the next step will be to start mass producing it.
For more information, please visit the website for the Weevil project.